Wednesday 23 October 2013

First Christmas

Good evening everything

This is a very late post tonight, I have found the last couple of days being back a work hard.  My Physio warned me that I would feel like I had gone backwards and he was certainly right.

Anyway, today I thought I better get started on my Christmas orders, so here is the first.


The image is a digital stamp from Sherri Baldy and it has been coloured using ProMarkers.  To create the background, I have firstly taken a piece of blue Centura Pearl card and stamped and embossed it using a stamp from the Penny Black Trims set and Cosmic Shimmer Arctic Pearl Lustre.  I have then taken a piece of white Centura Pearl card and stamped and embossed this using another stamp from the Trims set and Comic Shimmer Arctic Lake Lustre.


I have taken a piece of red card and used the Spellbinders Captivating Squares die to create the centre of the card, this has been layered up using foam pads.  The image has been cut out and layered with foam pads as well to give more dimension.  

I have created the snowflakes using the Marianne Creatables Snowflake die set.  These have been cut from the same Centura Pearl card and layered onto each other.  The smaller snowflake has been glittered and a flat back pearl added to the centre.  


I have also cut a Christmas Tree from white Centura Pearl card using a free die from a magazine I purchased.  To this I have added a flat back pearl on the top and used Cosmic Shimmer Summer Blue PVA Glue.

To finish the card I have added a red organza bow and a "Christmas Wishes Mum" sentiment.

This is my first attempt at background stamping, hopefully I will improve with patience.

This card is being entered into the following challenges:

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Christmas
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog - Christmas/Happy Holiday
Moving Along With The Times - Christmas Cuties
Fairy Tale Challenge Blog - Bingo (Snowflakes, Ribbon, Blue and White)
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes/Create Your Own Challenge ( Image, Die Cut, Liquid Pearls, Pearls, Ribbon)
Polkadoodles and Studio 12 - Christmas is Coming
Crafting Musketeers - Christmas in October
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Anything Goes as Long as it's Christmas
Scrapbook Stamp Society - Anything Goes
Besties Challenge - Use a Background Stamp
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Bingo (Red, Pearls, Die Cuts)
Passion for ProMarkers - Give me a P (Pearls)
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Oh Christmas Tree
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment