Wednesday 19 February 2014

Pretty in Pink

Hi all

I haven't had much time over the last few days to get many cards made, been trying to catch up on ironing and housework.  I'm on holiday next week, but I have planned in decorating so not much card making next week either.

I have been amazed at the NHS this week.  Having forgotten about an appointment with my consultant on the 31st Jan, I received a letter this week informing me that they had discharged me.  I cannot believe that there is no second chance of re-booking.  It's a good job that I am much better now.

Anyway onto today's card, I was aiming for a romantic card that a man could send to his new wife on their wedding day, but I think this could be used for many different occasions.


I have taken two panels of white Vellum and randomly stamped a floral pattern using Perfect Medium.  I have then heat embossed them with Wow! Bright White Embossing Power.  These have been layered onto a square piece of pink Centura Pearl card.

I have then taken two panels of white card stock and randomly stamped the same floral pattern but this time I have used the Wow! Clear Sparkle Embossing Glitter.  I have then run them through a Spellbinders Hearts embossing folder.  To add interest, I have then used an Ink It Up Pigment Ink Stamp to colour the edges of these panels.


Onto a piece of white card stock, I have add a double sided adhesive sheet.  From this I have die cut the Spellbinders A2 Tranquil Moments and covered with loose glitter.  I have added this to the background using Pinflair glue to give dimension.

The digital stamp is from Saturated Canary.  I have coloured her using ProMarkers, cut her out and layered her onto the die cut shape using Pinflair glue to dimension.


I have cut from pink Centura Pearl card, the Memory Box Cream Puff Heart and placed this on the left hand side of the card.  Next, using the Heartfelt Creations Sweet Juliet die, I have cut one large from pink Centura Pearl card and one small from white card stock backed with double sided adhesive and glittered.  These have been shaped and put together using a pale pink pearl brad.

I have then stamp the Heartfelt Creations Sun-Kissed Fleur onto white vellum using Perfect Medium.  This has then been heat embossed with Wow! Bright White Embossing Powder and cut out using the matching die.  I have coloured the back of the flowers using the same ink pad as the embossed panels.  These flowers have then been shaped and layered together with a flat back pearl added to the centres.

To finish the card, I have die cut "Wife" from pink Centura Pearl card using the Tattered Lace Family Sentiments die.  I have also added flat back pearls to the corners of the card and using pink Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue, I have added a boarder of pink pearls.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sassy Studio Designs - Valentine's Day
Delightful Challenges - Love Notes
Cute Card Thursday - Clever Cutting!
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog - Use A Die Cut Or Punch
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Totally Paper Crafts - Valentine / Love
Jo's Scrap Shack - Valentine's Day
Totally Gorjuss - Lovey Dovey
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time - Use A Digi
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Love Is All Around
The Sisterhood Of Crafters - Love Is In The Air
Love To Create Challenge Blog - Make It Sparkle
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Use 2 Or More Die Cuts
Scrap-Creations - Valentine's Day
Digi Sketch Challenge - Glitter It
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Lovely Layers
{PIN}spirational Challenges - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter - Punches And Dies
The Stamping Chef - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes / Love
Paper Crafting Journey - Love Is In The Air
Alphabet Challenge Blog - A Is For Always And Forever
Stampin' For The Weekend - Flower Power
Crafty Hands Challenge Blog - Heat / Dry Embossed Background
Digi Design Challenge Blog - Bingo (Digi, Die Cuts, Flowers)
Creatalicious Challenges - Pearls & Glitter
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes / Use Flowers
Ruby's Rainbow - Texture
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Hearts / Love

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment