Tuesday 4 March 2014

Spring Birthday

Evening all

Had a very productive day for a change.  I was wide awake at 6.30 this morning so I thought I might as well get on with a few things.  I managed  to do some pop to the supermarket, do some painting, wash and dry a load of clothes, hoover and mop the floors and do some ironing.  I am aware that this is a normal day for most people, but I still find things hard with my bad back.

Onto today's card, as the sun has been shining today I have gone with a theme of bright and cheerful.


I have started with a square piece of green Centura Pearl card stock which has been embossed using the Die'sire Grande Dots embossing folder.  This has been layered onto a piece of white card stock with a pierced boarder.  I have also run a Perfect Medium pad around the edge of the white card and heat embossed with Whispers yellow embossing powder.

I have then taken a smaller square of white card stock and randomly stamp a floral design with Perfect Medium and heat embossed with yellow embossing powder.  This has then been dry embossed using the Die'sire Flower Power embossing folder.  Then using a Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Mustard Seed, I have added colour around the edges.

From the same green Centura Pearl card, I have used the Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders Two die to cut a boarder and add to the bottom of the white card.  To this, I have also wrapped around some yellow ribbon.


The digital stamp was a limited time freebie that I picked up from Penny Blossom.  I have coloured her using ProMarkers, cut her out and layered her onto the background using Pinflair glue to give dimension.


For the flower, I have stamp the Heartfelt Creations Striped Sun-Kissed Fleur using Perfect Medium and heat embossed with Wow Clear Sparkle embossing powder, then cut them out using the match die.  I have sprayed each flower with water to soft and firstly shaped with an embossing tool and then scrunched them up to give a messy finish.  They have been coloured using the same Distress Ink pad as the background and layered onto each other giving this messy looking flower.

I have made a bow using the same ribbon that has been wrapped around the background and glued this into place.  The flower has been added to the top of the bow.  I have then cut some leaves from green Centura Pearl using the Heartfelt Creations Sweet Juliet die and placed these behind the bow and flower.

To finish, I have added yellow flat back pearls to each of the corners and a Happy Birthday sentiment cut using the Whimsy Stamps Birthday Sentimentables die.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafting By Designs - Colours Of Spring
Little Red Wagon - Yearning For Spring
Cure Card Thursday - Springtime
Totally Paper Crafts - Make It Sparkle
Jo's Scrap Shack - Florals
Sketch Saturday - Sketch
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Spring Is Coming
Hiding In My Craft Room - Spring Colours
Come And Get It Challenges - Flowers Galore
Pile It On - Sweet / Soft Or Bold / Bright
Totally Gorjuss - Happy Birthday
Little Scrap Pieces - Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes
Robyn Fetish Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Just For A Girl
Paper Makeup Stamps - Anything Goes
Eureka Stamps - Anything Goes

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment